- Yoga * Breathwork * Chanting * Meditation
These are all parts of a whole known as the subtle body science of YOGA and it has everything to do with the mind, not to mention the emotional life. And dare I say, the spirit!
- Yoga Asana to move the body
- Breathwork to Purify the system
- Chant for the vibration of it
- Calm the unruly mind
These techniques are all part of a Vedic system of health designed to purify and transform. They each promote self- awareness and can start you in the direction of making real and profound changes in one’s life.
- Yoga Asana works on the more tangible imbalances of the body and overall physical health, stress reduction, fitness and flexibility and as a consequence effects emotional and mental health. Every posture, done correctly, with attention, ease and without force, acts to break up congestion in the muscles, soft and connective tissues of the body. When the life force (call that Chi or prana or elan vital) cannot flow properly in the physical body, the body can become stiff, toxic and emotionally imbalanced.
- Breath purifies the system by driving life force throughout the body systems and the mind. It literally clears the channels. Think Roto-rooter. Once the physical yoga practice has softened the stuck spots and subtle energetic blocks breath pushes it all through and clears it all out.
- Chanting can seem too outlandish for some. The traditional mantram like OM _ and _So hum are simply beautiful while ancient phrases carry the power of centuries behind them whether they are traditional Sanskrit, Christian, Muslim etc in origin. The repetition, sacred intention, beauty of the phrases can have powerful effects. We are all vibration on the sub-atomic level. Chanting taps into that.
- Meditation (the contemplative practices) are like the icing on the cake. The final step invites and promotes the real transformational changes. Learning to calm and control the unruly mind (sometimes charmingly called the monkey mind) is considered the ultimate necessary step to enable us to work from deeper inner knowledge and intuition.