Two Easy Energizers – anytime
When your energy is low you have to feed it, build back the reserves. The obvious culprits are poor diet (dipping blood sugar etc) and poor sleep. Sleep is, of course, the great energy building and none of us get enough restful ZZZZs. (see these posts for cultivating better sleep: sleep sleep sleep)
In the middle of the afternoon, after a long plane trip, a test, anything that has left you feeling bogged down and exhausted here are two easy practices I use all the time.
Quick energy asana practice
Sometimes a little physical prana building is in order. All you need is 10-20 minutes.
- Start by lying down on the mat. On you back in Shavasana, corpse pose. Breathe intentionally and deeply into the lower abdomen.
- Ben the legs, feet flat and, with breath on ann inhale raise arms overhead and hips off the ground and on the exhale arms down sides, hips down.
- knees to chest roll around side to side 10 times then roll up and back a few times until you can come into a seated position.
- In an easy cross legged seated pose: inhale arms in a circle overhead and exhale fold forward, touch forehead to ground if possible or just rest as far forward as you can using arms for support. Inhale sit up exhale, root seat down. Sit tall. Repeat three times.
- Come onto hands and knees and do three deep intentional cat cow undulations with breath
- Palms on ground move forward six inches and come up into down dogs. Pedal feet.
- Alternate carefully between down-dog and plank. The breath should initiate each movement. Inhale in down dog, exhale forward to plan, exhale down dog. Repeat for 10 building speed as you go. This will build some heat and energy in the body.
- Come into child’s pose. 3 breaths.
- Still in Child pose stretch the side waists.. Walk hands over towards the left. Inhale and exhale creating space with the breath. Then walk hands towards center then walk hands toward right.
- sit up. Repeat the arms circles and deep breaths. (you might do the breathing practices listed above at this point for added umpppph.
- .VOILA. you have built some easy prana to get you through.